The details are now finalised for our joint meeting with HMRC and HMT on Friday 21 June at Deloitte, 2 New Street Square, London EC4A 3BZ. The meeting will commence at 8.30am (registration and pastries/coffee available) for a 9am start, with a finish at 1.15pm when a closing lunch will be available.
The detailed agenda is as follows:
- 8.30 – 9.00am: Registration and coffee/pastries
- 9.00 – 9.10: Introduction and welcome – Jon Sherman (Director / Business, Assets and International HMRC) and Jeff Connell (Chair of IFA UK)
- 9.10 – 10.10: Panel 1: Digital tax: exploring the UK policy position in the context of OECD and EU developments. To be chaired by Jeff Connell. Panellists: Tim Power (Deputy Director Corporate Tax, HMT); Matt Stringer (Head of International Tax, Grant Thornton); and Rolf Kuehnis (Senior Director Tax, Marketplaces, eBay).
- 10.10 – 10.40: Keynote address – Bill Dodwell – “A view from the OTS”
- 10.40 – 11.00: Coffee break
- 11.00 – 12.00: Panel 2: Dispute Resolution: how the HMRC taxpayer engagement and dispute resolution strategy is developing. To be Chaired by Alex Jupp (Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom). Panellists: Jo Wakeman (Director / Large Business at HMRC); Peter Nias (Barrister / Pump Court Chambers & CEDR Panel Member); and Andrea Tolley (Head of Group Tax Strategy and Transfer Pricing, GSK).
- 12.00 – 13.00: Panel 3: Transparency developments and how they are impacting interactions between tax authority and taxpayer. To be chaired by Jon Sherman (Director / Business, Assets and International, HMRC). Panellists: Andrew Donaldson (JITSIC team leader, HMRC); Palesa Sansole (Director of Transfer Pricing, ConvaTec Group plc); and Don Morley (Tax Director, Disputes Team, PwC).
- 13.00 – 13.10: A word from TaxAid and Tax Help for Older People
- 13.10 – 14.00: Closing comments and lunch
To register a place for yourself or a guest please contact Karen Spring at firstname.lastname@example.org I look forward to seeing you there!
Chair IFA UK